Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dil-Dosti @ Alliance

People like me face a great difficulty finding girlfriends, to be precise, friends who are girls. My heart instantly throws raison d'être for this derisive rather despicable situation. I am probably little too introverted to go, prattle about boastful nonsense, brazenly ask for cell phone number and delightfully lay down the assumptions that a girl after first tête-à-tête becomes friend. Suddenly my mind, which I am sick of, also shoots throbbing arrows at me revealing that perhaps girls find me little too unimpressive to put me in their 'cradlized fry-end-sip-grave'. My soul takes it as the right opportunity to put forward its truthful but somewhat bitter comment. Not many girls can boast of the threshold qualities that it has set for allowing anybody to become friend. Both, my heart and mind have a valid point therefore my conscience gives the verdict in favor of both but against my soul.
Apart from the meek objective of architecting my career, I had put my step down at Alliance to gulp the beauty nectar from the exquisite ocean made of 105 gorgeous rivers which flowed in Alliance in the form of 2007-2009 procession of my female batch mates. Hailing from an “Only for Boys” college till graduation, I was very excited at the enormous opportunities which by the grace of God I had suddenly become exposed to. The vibrating but innocuous thoughts of having girls in class to look at once in a while, were indulging my heart with great aplomb.
However, I was quick to realize that around half of them had their trinkets waiting somewhere else. The rest half had already been declared as the outright targets by gawks. I had no desire to confront those seemingly ogres.

When I arrived at the Alliance, I was little uncouth if measured as per the kitschy sophistication of “Occidentalized Jennies.” To my sheer misfortune, I acclimatized myself according to the environment shoved upon me by these cosmetic fairies. (Though, I must admit my wimp desire to impress on or two of them). I am afraid when I go back to my village, I will be a gibed at for my hollow etiquettes ill-conferred by Bangalore which are treated at par with arrogance. I may also have to face jeering for seemingly superficial mixture of English with Haryanvi which is presumed to ooze from a dejected and ostracized tongue.
One of my good friends used to say “Give time & money and 8 out of 10 girls will come with you.” I add one more brick to this times immemorial wisdom “Give quality time & money and 10 out of 10 girls will come with you.” If some girl is looking for any other variable apart from these, then you can absolutely feel free to doubt her femininity. Concept of quality time, at the micro level, is applicable and can change according to the whims and fancies of the respective forces involved.
Quality time and money……..soon after I joined Alliance, I was running damn short both of them. Result was but obvious. I found the whole pond of elixir wiping away whereas I could do nothing but to play the inept role of a mute spectator.
Small world back in my village had taught me about two categories of girls- “Good Girls and Bad Girls.” Then I came at Alliance which taught me about so many categories of girls that with fair amount of poise, I can state that girls are category less. Frequency of the colored variation in their behavior can make a chameleon realize its mundane mediocrity.
I have learned another important lesson of haughty optimism. If you propose a girl and she says “No”, take it as “Not now”. Be ready with interminable stock of “Quality time and Money” and I bet, one day she will be “Yours”.
Girls @ Alliance are true managers if somebody pays heed to what “Harold Koontz” said “Management is the art of getting things done by others.” Did somebody say “Beauty of a man lies in the wisdom he possesses!!” Let’s look at it this way “Wisdom of a women lies in the beauty she possesses.” I think second one is more contemporary.
As five fingers of a hand are never equal, similarly it’s not possible to generalize that all girls @ Alliance are devoted with these attributes. I have just made a humble attempt to pierce through the immeasurable depth of behavior and infinite facets of personality that some multi-talented princesses of Alliance display arbitrarily. If some people have tried to deliberately relate it and get agitated, I hereby absolve myself without any reservation from listening to their conjured carping.

3 comments:

Marketing Forum said...

Hey Anshul nice literary work, however All the best. The new Girls hostel is just a week away..... jokes apart but I don't buy the idea of being gender biased anyways it's your thought all my respect for that...

Rajat Chaddha...

Deeptaman Mukherjee said...

Anshul, by no means the literature skills are very easily comparable to Khuswant Singh.

Hats off to you buddy.

The only advice I would like to give you is to take up blogging seriously. You would RocK.

DeeP ..
http://marketingenvironment.blogspt.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Anshul, I guess after reading this article it is easy to understand the reason why you still dont have a girlfriend, oh i mean a girl who is a friend........... Nice to read your views about your female classmates....